Friends of Sierra facilitates physical therapy, on-going strength training and injury prevention to all service dogs to include but not limited to: police, fire, search and rescue (SAR), personal service dogs and companion dogs whose organizations or families are unable to financially provide for the service.
Established in 2018, Friends of Sierra is a non-profit organization committed to continued education through research and development to improve the science of animal physical therapy and overall health. Friends of Sierra envisions a world where service dogs are provided all modes of care needed to allow them to thrive and deliver service well beyond historical norms through physical training, quality physical therapy and injury prevention. Through continued research and education, we make physical therapy more readily available to all who need it. We envision a world where our services allow all service dogs to live a long, healthy and productive life!
OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIORS:
Friends of Sierra is aligned around a common vision and mission and hold ourselves and each other responsible for operating by the following values and behaviors:
- MISSION FIRST
- Ensure that every action or decision is aligned with Friends of Sierra’s commitment to the mission
- Provide superior service to all who need it
- KINDNESS AND RESPECT
- Treat every being with dignity and sensitivity
- Deliver our services to all clients with kindness and compassion
In 2018, Friends of Sierra began its journey by providing physical therapy to service dogs. We have grown into an organization that focuses on the total health and well-being of our clients.
- Physical Therapy
- Strength Training and Conditioning
- Therapeutic Laser and Modalities
- Injury Prevention
- Education through research and development to improve the science of animal physical health
Our goal at Friends of Sierra is to ensure every dog has access to our resources, regardless of ability to pay.